I've been feeling decidedly pants all week and, stuck at home in bed decided to hand finish a blouse I started last week. Whilst watching True Blood (I just can't get enough of Eric Northman) this morning, I finished sewing on my buttons and have a finished blouse finally!
I used a pattern I got at the Sew Weekly swap - Simplicity 5594. It is a simple pattern, though I went off piste with regards to finish which probably account for the faff I had with the arm hole facings, but it all turned out ok in the end!
I used some red fabric I picked up on the Sew Weekly shopping session, it's a slubby red fabric, I think it's probably a cotton or linen silk mix and it's beautifully soft and drapey. It's so fine it'll be beautifully cool (if summer ever arrives).
While I am happy with the result, and will wear it, I think it could do with some fitting tweeks. It's a little roomy in the waist for my tastes and my attemped FBA have left it a little gaping in the back, and pulled the fron part of the arm holes in so that my bra straps show slightly from the side.
I finished it off with some pearly cats eye buttons from my stash and am pleased with this very pretty top.
I'm still several seperates away from a me-made-month, but I'm confident my wardrobe will get there eventually!