I made the skirt and the apron this week - trhe apron was a very simple make - just 1m of gingham cotton gathered onto 2m ribbon and hemmed all the way round.
The skirt, however, was something of a challenge. I bought too little fabric the first time I went to the shop and ended up getting the rest on Thursday evening.
I was intending to make a gathered skirt like Gertie's and bought some raw silk with a taffeta like textureso that it would stand out nicely. Sadly, as I ran out of time, the gathers turned into box pleats, the invisible zip turned into a barely held together set of plastic and cotton threads. I won't tell you what the insides look like...Still, it held up to an evening's drinking, and a rendition of the Macerena.