Wednesday 13 October 2010

Where is my mind?

I came across this video on YouTube yesterday. I quite like the original but it does work beautifully as a piano piece. Plus, the video, from 'The Mysterious Lady' (1928) with Greta Garbo, is perfect. What a wonderful dress she's wearing! And what amazing cinematography. Lighting, framing, acting, the works.


Winter feels like it's arrived today, and I went out well wrapped up today. I could see my own breath on the way to work this morning!
Hardly surprising, then, that any vestige of sun tan I did have has well and truly gone. Now, my skin barely changes colour, even when I spend all day sunbathing with no cream on. I've resigned myself to being pale and interesting. However, I went to look at new foundations at MAC yesterday (I thought my current one was looking a bit dark) and where I had been wearing NC25, I'm now wearing NC15, two whole shades lighter... it's positively porcelain. It's also the palest shade they do...should I embrace my inner goth and dye my hair darkest brown? Maybe I'm better off following Christina Hendrick's example? My hair is a dark auburn colour naturally and it's been most colours under the sun at one time or other. I'm not afraid of dye!
While I was in MAC, I picked up a lip primer, as recommended by Fleur in her recent tutorial. I wore it for the first time today, and I must say that it's made my lips look and feel a lot more moist and smooth (something I was finding a problem with the matte lipsticks) and I do think it's helped to keep the colour on. I did a little touch up after lunch but not as much as I might normally. I do use lipcoat and that also makes a world of difference!
So, expensive trip but I felt it was well worth it!

My mum and have agreed to do a pattern exchange. She's going to knit me a cardigan, and I'm going to sew her a pair of trousers. I already have my pattern bought from ebay, and I need to buy some wool. We're still trying to find a trouser pattern for her, but we have discovered that she fits into my 1940s trousers better than I do! So, that's what we're looking at first. I'll keep you up to date with my progress!

3 comments:

  1. That cardy!! How lovely!! Are you going for a similar colour as the picture? Can't wait to see the photos of the finished product!
    Personally, on the hair front - I love your natural colour - but you could always dye it so that it is a deeper red? I love pale, interesting and reddish hues! Very Autumnal! Let us know what you decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know the lip primer made a difference, I might have to look into that. I love the cardi pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice blog you have! I've just found it, and I'll definitley keep reading it =)
    The video was so beautiful! Almost hauntingly so...

    What a cleaver idea to exchange skills! The cardigan pattern is lovely, looking forward to seeing it when it's ready.

    ReplyDelete