Sunday 31 October 2010

Happy Halloween!

Oh what a night! We danced, we drank, we sang, we were in bed eating pizza by 1am.
Here I am in my zombie killing outfit, ready to defend mankind.
Then I discovered my husband had turned.
What's a girl to do?
He's got life insurance. It'll all be ok.
Chainsaw attack! 

At The Lanes we saw a couple of really good bands. The first group were a sort of pop-punk group who's name I missed, but they were good. Then came the Blonde Vipers, headed by a very sexy cat lady. They played an excellent set of punk style* music, the vocalist had an 80s female punk type of voice. I loved them!

*I know nothing about music, but they made me think a lot of surf punk groups from the late 80s. Their myspace page describes them as Rockabilly. Clearly I know less than I thought.

There were some burlesque dancers, who I couldn't see because of the throngs of men pushing forwards, but the crowd gave them a warm reception, so I assume they were good. I have huge respect for the girl who came on dresses as Edward Scissorhands and danced to the theme music to the movie. She had the hands on so I have no idea how she managed to get her clothes off...

I remember going out for Halloween about 5 years ago, dressed up with a few friends. We were virtually the only people in town in fancy dress and people kept looking at us strangely. What a change a few years makes! Everyone we saw on the streets last night looked awesome. Full makeup, wigs, costumes, and not cheapy joke shop costumes either. A lot of people had mad a real effort and were really original with their costumes. I was impressed!


Shortly after this picture was taken the zombie pirate, blinded by my flash, collided with the girl in the red tie and spilt beer everywhere. Ooops, my bad.
 
One of the bar maids. How cool is that?





Squid?
All in all, an excellent night out and although I feel about 60 today, it was well worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like you had a fab night out (beer spills aside, heh), love your costumes! Out of curiosity, did the chain saw make it home with you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a spook-tastic night out! Loving the costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! Mankind can now rest easy =) Is the uniform a vintage one or a more recent production? Either way you remind of one of my favorite charachters, Sam in "Foyle's war". Have you seen that show? So great! Cute, beautiful, moving and cozy =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic, and how amazing is that Barmaids make up?!

    ReplyDelete