Monday 15 November 2010

Monday again?

What a week! For the second time in a month I've been out past my bed time. What is going on in Bristol?!
This particular outing was in celebration of my darling husband's 30th birthday. I've been organising the surprise party for a few weeks now and am happy to report that it all went swimmingly. He was totally taken aback by finding 14 of his friends from around the country in a Bristol pub and spent the whole evening grinning like a loon, as is demonstrated suitably by this photo. Also, I wasn't kidding about the pale skin - I think I may be undead.
After the pub we went for some karaoke, which was more fun than I could have expected. 


In other news, I won a splendid cook book! Jen but nevery Jenn has generously given me her wonderous 10pm Cook Book, featuring such delights as Frank n' Bean Bake. I promise to make and eat at least one dish from this book and will be posting photos.
Following my guiden to cross stitch, I decided to stitch a christmas sampler for my work Secret Santa. I've drawn a woman from Finland and so decided to stitch her a Finnish inspired 'Happy Yule' picture. According to the magical interweb, Christmas in Finland features a crown with candles, so I've put one in the centre. There is a pair of reindeer and some Nordic inspired geometric shapes...However, my knowledge of Finland is limited to roughly where it it is in Europe, so if any of my readers have any clever suggestions, I'd welcome them! I see that I have readers from Sweden, Russia and Denmark, so I'm hoping that someone out there might have some ideas about Finnish things to embroider!


I've also started work on a patchwork quilt I'm making for my Nan for Christmas - I've cut the pieces out using my brand new cutting mat and rotary cutter (I can't tell you how much fun I've had slicing things up) and I'll start stitching soon. Through the magic of technology I've mocked up how it might look when I'm done. It's looking good already!

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to play some of my Husband's Fallout New Vegas. Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Your husband's birthday looks like great fun - hope you didn't have big headaches the next day :) I love that Finnish cross stitch - I'm sure the recipient will be very touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh what a lovely thing to have done for Hubby! And what a thoughtful gift for someone at work. Sure beats a bottle of thoughtless vino! Love the quilt. I have a post to do on my own one soon - I just need to get it finished first.

    ReplyDelete