So, I need to tell you 7 things about myself. Fortunately I love to talk about myself, so here goes...
1. As well as sew, I also know how to tile, lay lino and drill holes in things (including tiles). I am also the IKEA queen, which would account for the reason our house looks like it was decorated by Tyler Durden. When our kitchen was being installed, it was me who ripped the old tiles off the wall - so satisfying! I am a She-Hulk.
2. I have a very short attention span and trouble sticking to one hobby for any length of time - I normally do it long enough to buy all the equipment and then give it up. This makes blogging (1yr, 5months) and Sewing (2yrs) the longest running activities in my life. There's a reason I don't have a dog...
3. I am a girl gamer - my shoot-em-up skills outstrip most of my male friends' and I spend many a happy hour supporting my husband with sniper overwatch while he breaks into army bases to kill the bad guys.
5. I'm pretty body confident - the result, I think, of a very sensible mother giving me a healthy mix of praise and general disinterest in outward appearance. While I would be happy to be a bit thinner, or have thicker hair, or look less tired (this especially), on the whole I love the way I look and wouldn't wish to be any other way.When I was at University I did some amateur modelling. I think that helped to make me more confident in my looks, since with good make-up, lighting and a skilled photographer, most people can look amazing and that's a real boost. When I see photos of myself looking awful it helps to know that actually neither shot really shows the truth.
|Sometimes I look like this|
|More often I look like this|
7. I have a modest collection of jugs. Most of them are charity shop and flea market finds but there are a couple I've picked up from pottery studios and craft fairs. I don't know why I started collecting jugs, but I love them, and I'm always on the lookout for more!
|A few of my jugs (phnar phnar)|