Wednesday 21 September 2011

Awards are like buses...

...you don't see one for ages and then 2 come along at once!The versatile blogger award is one I've seen doing the rounds for a while now, and then in the last (several) weeks Reana Louise and Jen but never Jenn both sent it to me. Thank you very much ladies!

So, I need to tell you 7 things about myself. Fortunately I love to talk about myself, so here goes...

1. As well as sew, I also know how to tile, lay lino and drill holes in things (including tiles). I am also the IKEA queen, which would account for the reason our house looks like it was decorated by Tyler Durden. When our kitchen was being installed, it was me who ripped the old tiles off the wall - so satisfying! I am a She-Hulk.

2. I have a very short attention span and trouble sticking to one hobby for any length of time - I normally do it long enough to buy all the equipment and then give it up. This makes blogging (1yr, 5months) and Sewing (2yrs) the longest running activities in my life. There's a reason I don't have a dog...

3. I am a girl gamer - my shoot-em-up skills outstrip most of my male friends' and I spend many a happy hour supporting my husband with sniper overwatch while he breaks into army bases to kill the bad guys.
4. I have been vegetarian for 17 years. As a result I'm not a very fussy eater, veggie options being somewhat lacking throughout the 90s. I do hate quiche though, too many parties where it was the ONLY non-meat item available.

5. I'm pretty body confident - the result, I think, of a very sensible mother giving me a healthy mix of praise and general disinterest in outward appearance. While I would be happy to be a bit thinner, or have thicker hair, or look less tired (this especially), on the whole I love the way I look and wouldn't wish to be any other way.When I was at University I did some amateur modelling. I think that helped to make me more confident in my looks, since with good make-up, lighting and a skilled photographer, most people can look amazing and that's a real boost. When I see photos of myself looking awful it helps to know that actually neither shot really shows the truth.
Sometimes I look like this
More often I look like this
6. I am a compulsive list writer. I have half a dozen in my bag at the moment, and I keep a notebook with constantly changing lists of things to do, to buy, measurements for bits of furniture and other useful lists I might need while I'm out. Nothing happens in my life if it isn't on a list!

7. I have a modest collection of jugs. Most of them are charity shop and flea market finds but there are a couple I've picked up from pottery studios and craft fairs. I don't know why I started collecting jugs, but I love them, and I'm always on the lookout for more!
A few of my jugs (phnar phnar)

3 comments:

  1. jugs are a great thing to collect...a vast variety of shapes, eras, pricepoints, ethnic origins and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a larger collection of jugs than is healthy and am a chronic list maker. However the only game I could ever play was Tekken 2 and that was through the time honoured bashing randomly at the controls like a chimpanzee in a science lab technique.

    Oh, and congrats on your award ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great 7 little things! I love that you're a gamer! That's so surprising, and fantastic! Ha! x

    ReplyDelete