Wednesday 9 March 2011

Do Without - Day 1

Well, day one of the 'Do Without' challenge and I've managed not to spend any money. It's ok, I'm not expecting a round of applause. The first few days will be easy.
I have to say, though, that I found myself in panic buying mode for the last few days. I kept thinking 'I must shop now - I won't be able to for ages'! There must be something wrong with me - I felt the need to buy stuff I neither needed nor wanted just because I knew I couldn't for a few weeks. I really do need to do this challenge!
To help me I went through my inbox and unsubscribed from every shop I could find. B&Q was easy, Neals Yard Remedies and Clarks were far harder, but I'm hoping that removing the shiney 'half price today only' temptation emails from my view might help me to restrain myself. I can't do much about the catalogues , brochures and other junk mail I get, but fortunately there are few of these I get through the post, so I should be able to put them straight in the recycling bin. Outside. In small pieces so I can't browse their glossy pages...
Friday's shopping trip with my Mum is going to be hard...

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya on the last minute shopping marathon. I probably did enough damage to cover the 40 days have to do without!

    I love your idea of unsubscribing from emails. I really need to do that. The best way to resist to temptation is to have none.

    Thanks for taking the challenge.
    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think - this could be the start of a money saving adventure!! It might last well past the 40 days, because you will have become so used to not spending money that, when you can, it will seem odd and you shall automatically spend less :)

    ReplyDelete