Wednesday 23 March 2011

I've got designs on a pattern

Just a quick outfit post today. I'm prepping a post about hair this week - I went ahead and got my perm last week and have some observations I think might be useful. So watch this space!
 
This jacket is a 1940s one I bought from Etsy from a selling in America. The buttons are beautiful and sparkly and th fit is perfect. I wore it with a plain blue shirt and my trusty homemade skirt.


I've also made some progress on my tedious sewing-saga. Never have 2 simple jobs caused so much huffing and puffing. I'll be glad to get them done and crack on with something I can wear out! Again, pictures later this week.
It's fortunate, actually, as I've agreed to have a go at this pattern for a meet-up in London.
The dress is lovely, but the bodice is designed for the slim and boyish. My figure hasn't been described that way since I was about 12, so there's a LOT of adjustment to do. I don't know if I'll work it out before the meet, but I'm going to do my best...

3 comments:

  1. Love the jacket! And it will be very interesting to hear your thoughts on the perm, looking forward to it!

    The dress looks lovely, but oh the pattern alterations... I don't even bother with patterns anymore, it's easier to use my own basic pattern and just alter it. But sometimes a very special pattern can be worth the extra work!

    ReplyDelete