Saturday 5 March 2011

Meg the Mog

My exciting news this weekend -
Meet Meg. She's only about 7 months old and this is the best photo I could get of her, as most of the time she looks like this-
She's so full of energy she's a blur most of the time. I'm pleased that she's so confident and full of energy because she's settled in wonderfully.

We were going to wait a while before getting another cat, but Deryn, our other little girl has been very lonely, and the rescue said that Meg sounded like a good friend for her, so here we are!
She eats everything we can throw at her, loves catnip and is very talented at 4-foot-football.

Her and Deryn are getting on OK - there's been a little hissing and some hasty backing off on both parts, but they're both warily getting used to each other. She's mostly confined to a spare bedroom for the moment but I don't think it'll be long before she's able to run wild in the rest of the house.

We've named her Meg partly to continue with the Welsh theme of our cats (Deryn is Welsh for 'bird') and partly for the fantastic Meg and Mog books (Meg is the witch, but we thought it was a better cat name) which were my favourites as a kid.

If she ever takes a nap I'll get some more pictures!

11 comments:

  1. LOVe her, how darling! I thought Meg and Mog as soon as I saw her- my fave from those books was the owl though, I hope she will forgive me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish we had a cat these days, but we are away such a lot it does not seem fair. Happy days with Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie. I loved those books as a child, and am loving reading them to my daughter now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new addition to the family! She is a sweet little thing, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's lovely! I loved those books and may need to raid my parent's house to see if any of my copies are still there!

    Hope the two kitties get on well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...I enjoyed the books as well, just thinking about them brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she's lovely! I love the blurred picture, my cat (Puck) only seems to photograph like that too. And as a lover of Meg and Mog, what a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the big black smudge on her nose! She is a beauty. I can totally relate to wanting to get another cat so quickly after you loose one - I have always done exactly the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete